Way back in October 2017 I was successful in achieving IEMA Sustainability Practitioner Membership. IEMA are the professional body for everyone working in environment and sustainability. It was one of the most challenging and beneficial learning journeys I have so far experienced in my life.
For a while I’ve been meaning to share the learning resources I pulled together during my journey, in the hope that they can help others who are also studying toward the IEMA Sustainability Practitioner Membership. You can find the links to these resources below. If you find my mind map and the associated publications useful please do share them with others who are also on this journey.
Mind maps, organised by Learning Outcome.
Selection of resources, listed in no particular order. More resources are detailed in the mind maps.
- Manual of Environmental Management
- Sustainable Event Management A Practical Guide (I used v2 in 2017, v3 is out now)
- ISO 14001
- ISO 20121
- Towards a Green Economy: Pathways to Sustainable Development and Poverty Eradication
- A Safe and Just Space for Humanity: can we live within the doughnut?
- Defining Corporate Sustainability – A GACSO & IEMA White Paper
- AA1000AS AccountAbility Assurance Standard 2008
- CIEEM Guidelines for Ecological Impact Assessment EcIA
- WWF Living Planet Report
- Julie’s Bicycle
- World Economic Forum
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- The Sins of Greenwashing
- Bristol City Council Workplace Wellbeing Charter Manual